The following is a continuously evolving list of selected web sites providing health and safety tips and information applicable to child care settings.
If you know of a listing or topic that should be added or find a link that is no longer working please contact us at (800) 521-0560 or email email@example.com
Children With Special Needs
Emergency Preparedness/Disaster Planning
- Burns (MEDLINEplus Health Information)
- How-to Guide: Improve Hand Hygiene Center of Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC), and the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- Medicine (MEDLINEPlus Health Information)
- Child Care/Head Start Partnership Study: Final Report (Education Development Center, Inc.) This report was developed by researchers at the Center for Children & Families to learn about the nature of early care and education partnerships and their impact on quality and access to services.
School Age Child Care
SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Early Learning Guidelines The Early Learning Guidelines provide a framework for using what we now know about the importance of the early years to support later school success.
- Sun Safety (American Academy of Pediatrics) Follow these simple rules to protect your family from sunburns now and from skin cancer later in life.
- The Sun Safety Alliance Dedicated to reducing the incidence of skin cancer in America.
- Developed by the Genetic Alliance a directory of parental support groups by congential syndrome.